Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Goals and Expectations

I think that my main goal would be to establish a strong foundation. This sounds very cliche, but for me it actually is. Over the years I've learned volcabulary, sentence patterns, kanji and other things, but I continue to confuse particles and verb conjugations. This is an extreme signal that I am rusty at my basics.


In order to achieve this I think i should practice reading. This will also improve the quickness of my speaking. I can understand a lot more than I can speak, and when I do speak it tens to be realy slow. The pace at which I read hiragana, kanji, and katagana ia also very slow. Putting words together in Katagana is hard for me as well, but this takes practice.


My last goal would probably have to be not to confuse chinese with japanese. I am currently learning both and many times I get the characters confused. they are very similar, but used in dfferent ways.

I really am enjoying this class and I hope to get the best out of it!

-Erica

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to know what you do in order to achieve these goals.

My suggestion for goal 1) is to write a blog entry regularly and come see me regularly. We can discuss what you wrote.

For goal 2) come to Chat Club regularly.

For 3) I will let you know when you use simplified Chinese characters.

Please state more specific goals with numbers (i.e., every week, hundred per semester etc.).

Erica Van said...

I think that writing a blog blog entry more often is a good idea. Perhaps I could write it instead of typing it? I feel like writing the characters may help me more woth practice.

I think 100 per semester kanji is reasonable. I know it's not a lot but in madarin we learn like 300 per semester and so they coencide nicely...s actually it;s like im learning 400!!

I'l try to come to a chat club. I think i heard somthing about the japan societ helping out withconversation? Maybe I should check that out.

Erica Van said...

Konbanwa. Konshu wa wastashi no Columbia hajimete no 中間テスト. Watashi was takusan shimpai o shimas. Itsusu 中間テスト ga arimasu, soshite nemukoto ga dekimasen. 宿題 mo taksan rimsu.
私大 wa muzikashi des.

At least I really like this japanese class. All my other classes are boring!